Tuesday 10 November 2015

Shutter Speed

In photography, shutter speed is the length of time when the film or digital sensor inside the camera is exposed to light. The amount of light that teach the film or image sensor is proportional to the exposure time. 1/500th of a second will let half as much light in as 1/250th. Slower shutter speeds are often selected to suggest movement in a still photograph of a moving subject, whilst excessively fast shutter speeds can cause a moving object to appear unnaturally frozen.

This is a short video to show the recording quality of a fast shutter speed. This was recorded using a shutter speed of 1/100th of a second.


This is a short video to show the recording quality of a slow shutter speed. This was recorded using a shutter speed of 1/30th of a second.


Process

The two short videos produced are effective in showing the difference between a fast and slow shutter speed. I struggled at first cause I was unsure on what to film.

Problem Solving

As I have said I was unsure on what to film when I started but when I realised that I just need to get it done to show that I know the difference between shutter speeds. With this in mind I decided to film me spinning around so it was me moving rather than the object I was filming.

Justification of Decisions


See below each video

Recommendations
If I was to re-shoot this task then I would definitely capture a moving subject like a river or fountain, as I feel this would demonstrate the difference between fast and slow shutter speed much more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment