Thursday 5 November 2015

Basic Editing Techniques Video Essay

]
Process

The final video produced is fairly effective in showing and explaining different editing techniques. I struggled with this to start with because I was unsure on how to replicate some editing techniques.
Problem Solving

Working within a group to record our original footage was probably the hardest part of the task mainly because we weren't a very organised team, to combat our team's lack of organisation I tried to plan ahead.

Justification of Decisions

This video was produced to show the basic editing techniques with a brief explanation for each shot. I have provided my own example as well as a cinematic example to show why such a technique might be used when.

Recommendations

I definitely would re-do shots that contain certain techniques such as the Kuleshov effect and the intellectual montage, these were difficult techniques to replicate and as such made sure that I found the best cinematic examples for these techniques.

Cinematic Examples:
Kill Bill Vol 2
Turbo Kid
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Inception
Watchmen
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Kuleshov Experiment
Mission Impossible
October
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Psycho
Apocalypse Now

No comments:

Post a Comment