Wednesday 11 November 2015

Design Brief

Having researched new waves and analysing three American new wave films it is clear that they share a common theme in that they are about the rejection of everything that came before, whether that be with social issues or actual filming techniques. I specifically looked at the American new wave and found that they spoke strongly about social issues like the Vietnam war and equal rights, the youth were known for there counterculture attitude, listening to psychedelic rock and taking drugs.

I plan to film at established location such as museums, shopping centres and galleries, as well as in a bedroom. I will be using natural lighting for all my footage as I want my audience to be very much aware that they are watching a film. The main action will be the shots from the bedroom, with footage from established locations layered over the top with a low opacity, so it can be seen but only a little.

I plan to intercut all of the scenes randomly with each other to make the film void of any strict narrative, I will be using jump cuts to create jarring transpositions, this will also make the audience more aware that they are watching film. The main sound used within the film will be the non-diegetic backing music, I will also be using little bits of diegetic sound, just a few lines hear and there, these will be recorded using the camera's microphone and so will be bad quality but I feel like this supports my aim of wanting the audience to be aware they are watching a film. I also want my subject to be very much aware they are being recorded, there is no problem with my subjects looking at the camera whenever they feel like it and direct references like waving at or talking to the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment