Wednesday 23 September 2015

ISO Tests

The purpose of this task was try out different ISO settings and make sure the shot was still exposed correctly. I used both ISO 100 and 1600, shot both at night and during the day.

Day
ISO 100


For this first shot, I used ISO 100 but my aperture was too high causing the shot to be over exposed.


This was shot in ISO 100, I had to make sure my subject was exposed correctly which was difficult because he was standing in front of the light source, the sun.



This shot also used ISO 100, but the whole shot is exposed well, because this time my subject isn't blocking out my light source.

ISO 1600


This shot was done inside and I used ISO 1600, this can be seen by the quality of the footage compared to the three shots with ISO 100, the image appears quite grainy.


Night
ISO 100


This shot was done at night, clearly, and I used ISO 100, this meant that the shot was barely visible but it is better quality than the ISO 1600 shot

ISO 1600


This shot was done at night, clearly, and I used ISO 1600, I have repeated the same shot I used ISO 100 for, to show the clear difference in exposure.



This shot was done at night, clearly, and I used ISO 1600, this meant that the shot was actually visible but again the image appears a little grainy.

Process

The numerous shots produced are effective in showing the difference between differing ISO settings at both daytime and nighttime. I struggled with this at first and wasn't entirely sure how to make sure a shot was exposed correctly.

Problem Solving

When filming outdoors during the day, I found my shot was over exposed because I hadn't adjusted the aperture correctly, when I realised this I re-shot the shot, I increased the f-number which allowed less light to reach the lens.

Justification of Decisions


See below each video
Recommendations


If I was to reshoot the shots at night I would use another source of light especially the ones where ISO 100 was used because the subject can barely be seen, I would have also tried to do more of an aesthetic shot, with complete darkness and one source of light directly next to the subject as they move.

No comments:

Post a Comment